Would you like to hide an imperfection in a tooth or improve its shade without extensive dental work? If so, dental veneers offer an excellent option! Your Newtown, CT, dentist, Dr. Ratna Vedullapalli, helps her patients improve their appearances with this versatile restoration.
Veneers conceal flaws
Veneers are designed to hide common issues visible on your tooth enamel. Because the restorations only cover the fronts of your teeth, they don't require extensive changes to your teeth. In fact, your Newtown dentist only needs to remove a tiny amount of enamel to ensure a proper fit.
Made of a thin layer of porcelain, veneers offer effective coverage for many dental flaws. They're available in many shades of white, making it easy to match the color of surrounding teeth or whiten all of your teeth.
Veneers may be a good choice for you if:
- You have spaces between your teeth: Orthodontic treatment may be needed for large spaces, but small gaps can be easily concealed simply by adding veneers to your teeth.
- You have a flaw in your enamel: Bumpy surfaces, chips, cracks and other imperfections may be small, but they can detract from your appearance. Adding veneers makes minor flaws disappear.
- You have a discolored tooth: Teeth can become discolored due to injuries, dental treatments, and the use of certain antibiotics. Luckily, veneers keep discolorations concealed from view.
- Your tooth looks a little funny: All of your teeth should look the same, but that isn't always the case. Sometimes, one or more teeth are a little crooked, twisted, pointed, or just oddly shaped. Veneers improve the shape of your teeth and improve the uniformity of your smile.
- Your tooth is too short: Even a slight decrease in the length of a tooth can affect your appearance. If your teeth have gotten shorter due to grinding or clenching, a veneer can restore their normal length. After you receive your veneers, you may wish to begin wearing a nightguard to prevent damage to your new veneers or your teeth.
Improve your smile with dental veneers! Call your Newtown, CT, dentist Dr. Ratna Vedullapalli at (203) 403-2428 to schedule your appointment.