What your dentist in Newtown, Connecticut wants you to know
You can restore your smile with dentures. Dr. Ratna Vedullapalli at Diamond Dental in Newtown, Connecticut wants to share some of the many benefits the right denture can give you.
Dentures can help you in many ways. Consider these important benefits:
- Better chewing ability, which aids in enjoying and digesting your food, helping in your general good health
- Cosmetic beauty, because dentures can give you back your full smile, restoring your self-esteem and confidence
- A younger-looking face, because dentures restore more full facial contours, making your face appear younger and your jaw appear firmer
There are a few different types of dentures for you to consider, and Dr. Vedullapalli can help you make this important decision. You should think about:
Full dentures to replace an entire arch of teeth; types of full dentures include:
Immediate dentures, which are placed immediately after teeth are removed; an advantage of immediate dentures is that you never have to live without your smile. A conventional, more permanent denture is made after you have healed completely.
Conventional dentures, which are made after your tissue has healed completely; an advantage of choosing a conventional denture is that the denture is permanent and you only need to get used to wearing one denture.
Overdentures, which are snapped in place over dental implants or tooth roots; an advantage of overdentures is that they can be more stable and also help to conserve the bone in your jaw.
Partial dentures are a great choice if you’ve lost just a few teeth, but not an entire arch. You should think about:
- Conventional partials, which are made after your tissue has healed; these are sturdy and meant to be a permanent addition to your smile.
- Transitional partials, which are meant to be a temporary solution to tooth replacement if you are planning to have dental implants in the future
For more detailed information about dentures, please visit the Dentures section on the Diamond Dental website at https://www.diamonddentalct.com/dentures.html
It’s important to talk with an expert if you are thinking about a denture. To learn more about how dentures can help you, call Dr. Ratna Vedullapalli at Diamond Dental in Newtown, Connecticut today!